21 June 2014

Week 177 Theme

We have yet another Guest Designer this week. 
Kathy K has been one of our most faithful LIMettes from the outset and we are simply delighted that she has agreed to be our Guest for this week.

Our challenge is to use
WATERCOLOUR

It doesn't have to be a complete work of art (although we know that many will be just that), but if you could  include water when adding colour to your project that would be wonderful.
There are many watercolour stamps around, where colour is added directly to the stamp  rather than adding colour to an outline image. Distress Inks can be used, watercolour pencils, background washes whatever your imagination dictates.
Please remember to keep it CLEAN & SIMPLE and don't forget that
WHITE SPACE

Do pop over to visit Kathy's blog and see details of her card, as well as leaving her a friendly word.
If you could visit at least a couple of other entries, that too would be grand.
I have made rather a lot of cards this week... in fact I got a bit carried away, so there are a whole heap of them on my blog. One silly thing I did was to inadvertently buy two of the Window Box stamps which I used here. I just didn't notice and was incredibly surprised to see two in the package when it arrived. I have decided to give one away to someone whom I shall pick from amongst those who leave a comment on my personal blog this week, saying that they would be interested in being in the draw for the stamp!
It's a stamp from Art Impressions Watercolour range, as are all the stamps used here, apart from the sentiment, which is from Hero Arts.
They were coloured with Distress Inks or Markers, before being stamped. I then used a damp brush in some areas to release the colours.


I've white embossed butterflies from the best of butterflies set from Stampin Up and then water coloured them in with inks. The sentiment is embossed onto vellum, and then it's mounted onto wisteria wonder card stock


I've created a panel using distress inks which I've blended together
 then spritzed with water.
The panel at the bottom has twine wrapped around for added detail then mounted on 3d adhesive. The upper panel is mounted flat to the card with a wrap around of vellum, heat embossed with another sentiment from Clearly Besotted. 
Finished with a couple of Doodlebug sequins.
Anne

Watercoloured with Distress Ink, sea salt scattered on to make blotches.  Sentiment cut with my Portrait, Memory Box Chloe stems die cut.  More cards on my blog.
We hope you'll enjoy this challenge and please try to visit a few other contributors to leave a friendly word, thanks.

13 comments:

  1. It's been my pleasure to temporarily join the talented design team here and I look forward to seeing the fabulous watercolour entries this week

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful samples from the DT.
    Thank you for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to win your window box stamp. It seems to be just the thing to give me a kick up the .... and hopefully start me off being creative AGAIN. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creations from all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Kathy, well done! And fabulous inspiration from you all Thank you :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to hear others get duplicate items at times. And I thought I was the only one. I don't have that stamp and would love to add it to my collections. BTW, great cards. Love your sight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards, ladies! So many of us are loving the use of watercolor on our cards, so the inspiration is appreciated! You already have a colorful array of participants in the gallery, too!! Thanks, as always! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see Kathy guesting this week and what a fab gallery! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, DT. Every inspiration is welcome, thank you.
    Lately I've been wanting to watercolour the world, so I was very pleased when the sweet Darnell Knauss suggested your challenge... and here I am :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super DT cards ladies and great to see Kathy with you this week. Such a fun theme too.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog, love your designs, simple, clean with such vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic challenge and the sample cards are wonderful examples of clean, sharp, simple designs! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just don't know how you will choose a winner from this gorgeous gallery of magnificence! Hope to join in the fun one day soon!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.